Christopher T. Hill
Contact: email Christopher T. Hill
Christopher T. Hill practices in the areas of construction litigation, intellectual property litigation, insurance defense and general commercial litigation.
Mr. Hill is a graduate of the University of Florida, where he received degrees from the College of Engineering (B.S.I.E., cum laude, 1987) and College of Law (J.D., 1990). Mr. Hill was a member of the UF Moot Court Team and also received a teaching fellowship for the Appellate Advocacy program. Mr. Hill was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1990 and is also a member of the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, and the Ninth and Eleventh District Courts of Appeal. He is also admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Hill was recognized among the 2014 The Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Insurance, and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants. He was also voted “Best of the Bar” in 2004 for the area of litigation in a survey of Central Florida attorneys. Mr. Hill is “AV” rated by Martindale Hubbell. He also served as the Chairman of the Business Litigation Section of the Orange County Bar Association in 2006.
Mr. Hill brings more than 30 years of experience to the firm and has successfully tried a wide variety of cases to jury verdict and has successfully pursued appeals in both state and federal courts. Mr. Hill has been in the vanguard of Internet litigation, litigating several early domain name disputes and the landmark Internet jurisdiction decision of Cybersell v. Cybersell. In his practice, Mr. Hill has represented numerous companies and insurers, including Anheuser-Busch, The Home Depot, Cox Enterprises, Dow Chemical Co., American Insurance Group, The Hartford, The Travelers Ins. Group, Old Dominion Trucking, Central Florida Educational Foundation (Z88.3), St. Paul Fire and Marine, Mercury Insurance, Westfield Insurance and Tower Hill Insurance Group, as well as numerous other Central Florida businesses.
Member: Florida Bar: Business Litigation Section; ABA: Intellectual Property Section, Orange County Bar: Business Litigation Section.
- University of Florida College of Engineering (B.S.I.E., cum laude 1987)
- Florida Blue Key
- University of Florida College of Law (J.D. 1990)
- Moot Court Board
- Appellate Advocacy Program
- Minks vs. Polaris Industries, Inc., 546 F. 3d 1364 (Fed. Cir. 2008) (Federal Circuit affirming verdict for willful patent infringement and remanding for new trial on damages);
- Cybersell v. Cybersell, 130 F.3d 414 (9th Circ. 1997) (Seminal United States case on Internet jurisdiction);
- Axis Surplus Ins. Co. v. Contravest Constr. Co., 921 F. Supp. 2d 1338 (M.D. Fla. 2012) (Court favorably defines “trigger” for coverage under CGL policy);
- Frazee, Inc. v. Reedy Creek Hospitality, LLC, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 60768 (M.D. Fla. 2014) (Summary judgment obtained for FDIC on numerous lending related claims)
- Bulkmatic Transport Co. v. Taylor, 860 So. 2d 436 (Fla. 1st DCA 2003) (Defense verdict in trucking case affirmed and court noting “withering” cross-examination at trial of opposing accident reconstructionist).
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Florida Bar
- Orange County Bar
- Chairman Business Litigation Section 2006
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Board of Trial Advocacy (ABOTA)
- Executive Council – Central Florida Section 2015
- American Bar Association – Intellectual Property Section
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Chairman of Central Florida Section 2013-2015